There are many Ruby related channels on Freenode, this page tries to give an
overview of the most important ones.
Here is a list of the channels associated with the Ruby community:
- #ruby - The place for almost all your Ruby related topics, get tips
from friendly people or help someone out!
- #ruby-offtopic - Meet your friends and colleagues in the Ruby community,
chat about whatever you want and have a good time!
- #ruby-pro - #ruby is too much noise? Join this moderated channel for your
advanced Ruby topics and discuss them with industry experts.
- #ruby-community - Don't like what you see? Join here if you want to discuss,
improve and expand this website.
There are a couple of language- and country-specific ruby channels:
- #ruby-ch: Swiss ruby channel
- #ruby-de: German ruby channel
- #ruby-es: Spanish ruby channel
- #ruby.fr: French ruby channel
- #ruby.ie: Irelands ruby channel
- #ruby-it: Italian ruby channel
- #ruby-ja: Japanese ruby channel
- #ruby.pl: Polish ruby channel
- #ruby-ru: Russian ruby channel
- #ruby-tw: Taiwanese ruby channel
#ruby and the associated channels are not always the best place for
getting help with a specific Ruby project, here are some channels for
project specific support:
- #RubyOnRails - For all your Ruby on Rails needs, whether you just started out
or hit some edge case.
- #rubygems - Talk to the people delivering all those nice gems to you.
- #bundler - Your bundle won't install? Check by here.
- #rvm - Got troubles switching Rubies? This place is for you.
- #sinatra - The other popular Ruby webframework got its own channel too.
- #passenger - Running web applications is not always easy, get help here.
- #puppet - Bring your machines back under control.
- #chef - Stuck automating your infrastructure? These people got you covered.
- #metasploit - Written in Ruby, but these people know to use it.
- #jruby - Giving this alternate Ruby implementation a try but having issues? Join this channel.
- #jekyll - Your Blog doesn't update anymore? Get help!
- #sequel - Share and give tips on using this popular ORM!
Just started and too many eyes watching? Give ##new2ruby a try.